Executive summary of the collective vision of Harvester International Ministries & Namakwaland Farms at Lake Birinzi, Masaka, Uganda.
“Reform the church to reform the land”
We believe the church is a vital partner with National Government to bring positive community transformation to a nation.
Our work in a nation is primary through bringing reformation in mindsets, values, traditions, and the hearts of the church towards a Christ-centered theology and practice.
Mission & Objectives
Establish a profitable commercial Potato farming enterprise and model in Masaka, Uganda that produce high volumes of quality staple food in Africa for Africa – To enable a sustainable income source for ministry activities and a come-and-look Knowledge Transfer model. A commercial farm provides the infrastructure for the small-holder farmers to flourish.
- High Profitability – Sustainable Profit
- High Moral Road – Ethical Standards in business affairs and marketing
- High Quality – Produce that provides maximum nutritional value
- High Production – Maximum yield per ha
- High Farming standards and practice
Establish a Miracle Bible College and Training Centre in Masaka, Uganda focussed on:
- Spiritual and Religious Studies – Miracle Bible College
- Small Holding Farmer training – Foundations for Farming
- Business Ethics & Professionalism – Work4aLiving
- Mentoring to existing commercial farmers – Knowledge Transfer
- We will also provide this training by request for local churches by training their trainers, so that they can have their own Bible School & Training center onsite.
Establish a local Marketing Value Adding Chain in Kampala
- Market penetration from super retail tot small retail and informal market.
- Washing and packaging of Irish Potato
- Partnership with Love Peace & Unity Pastors Destiny Forum to provide product at special price, in order that participating churches can sell product for their own profit.
- Future Plans for Processing Plant for making chips.
Establish Irish Potato Farmers Associations all around the country that will benefit from
- buying quality seed from us,
- receive Foundations for Farming training,
- and receive higher prices for their product via our Marketing Chain Initiatives to attain shelf space in more profitable markets local and foreign.
Networking with Existing NGO’s and Ministries
- Amos Agrimin: Hennie Viljoen (www.amosafrica.net)
- Foundations for Farming: Boet Pretorius (www.foundationsforfarming.org)
- Foundations for Cross Cultural Education: Neels De Jager (www.fce.org.za)
- Farming God’s Way: Wilhelm Els (www.farming-gods-way.org)
- Mt Lebanon Church: Bishop Samuel Lwandasa (mtlebanonuganda.org)
- Masaka/Danish Child Care: Cartsen Jespersen (www.childcare.dk)
Harvester International Ministries: Founder Dr. Andre Pelser (www.harvesterchurch.net)
Specialist, Farmer and developer: Tobias Basson (email@example.com & www.namakwalandsitrus.com)